Honey Spiced Nuts
From Medina Beekeepers
- 1/2 cup pure honey
- 2 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1/2 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups raw nuts (walnuts, pecans, cashews, almonds, etc.)
- In a heavy pan, combine honey, butter, orange peel and cinnamon.
- Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook to 235°F.
- Stir in nuts and continue stirring 4 to 5 minutes more until nuts are glazed.
- Pour onto parchment paper or buttered foil and spread into a single layer to cool.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a 13x9x2 pan with foil. Tear another sheet of foil the same size and place on counter; butter both.
- Pour nuts into pan; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe, 1-cup measure, combine honey, 2 tablespoons butter, orange peel and cinnamon.
- Microwave 60 to 90 seconds, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted.
- Pour honey mixture over nuts and stir until all are coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour onto reserved buttered foil, spreading nuts into a single layer to cool.
Store in airtight container.